Thorny Rose

February 7th, 2014


Relax on Friday!


Today I was able to get a lot done.  I started thinking about being resourceful, saving money and using what I have. So, today I worked on my menu for next week.  I was able to put 5 full meals on the menu for next week while only putting a few produce items on the store list. It takes a little work but it also allows for your creativity to explode. Start this process by writing down some of the main ingredients you have and maybe have had for awhile. I started with steak, pasta shells, chicken breasts, pork chops, cream cheese, asian sauces, sweet potatoes, and shrimp. So, this coming week, look forward to Asian Zing Wings and Gorgonzola Ny Strip and much more.


I did go out to the store today to pick up a few items. I did not want to use one of wine collection bottles for such a simple meal today. So, I picked up the Target weekly special for $8.99. I did not pair this wine with my tomato soup and grilled cheese but it sure is good to warm up to and watch a movie. This wine literally goes with everything. I bought some Valentine's Day chocolates today and the wine is great with chocolate. This would also be great for a cheese platter that includes nuts and raisins. Ok, I will tell you what it is...


Thorny Rose
Red Blend, 2011
Columbia Valley, Washington
*Booo it's a twist off cap. No cork for my vase!

Comments

Popular Posts