Remix recipe....and wine

March 18th 2014


Hi everyone,
    Today I did a little remix of my Asian Zing wings. I didn't have hoisin sauce in the pantry so I just substituted with stir fry sauce and teriyaki sauce. They turned out pretty good. I served the wings today with sweet corn, 2 TBSP butter and salt and pepper. A very simple dinner and very delicious.


Today's wine selection comes from the "cellar".  I chose a 2011 Meritage from Sterling Vintner's Collection. This is a blend of Merlot (44%), Cabernet Sauvignon (41%), Malbec (7%), Petit Verdot (5%), and Cabernet Franc (3%). Whew, that was a lot. I haven't had a Cabernet Franc in awhile.  Did you now that Cabernet Franc and Barbera are 2 of the best red wines to drink with chocolate?  Off to making cookies for my baby!


Until Thursday,
Julianne

Comments

Popular Posts