Hot Oil Pizza with Bacon #1

August 23rd 2014
Hot Oil Pizza with Bacon; version #1





Ingredients:
2 Pillsbury Pizza crusts from the refrigerated section
4 cups of shredded mozzarella
1 jalepeno pepper ( I cut the pepper in half and sautéed it in a pan for about 5 minutes before getting to the grill)
12 slices of bacon (precooked in the oven, on a backing rack for 20 minutes)
Spicy oil (made in my blog a few days ago)
2 1/2 cups pizza sauce (today I bought a jar of pizza sauce from a local Italian deli)
Cooking Spray




Directions:
1. Heat your outdoor grill to high heat.
2. Spray your pizza grilling pan generously with cooking spray. Lay out the dough over the pan and stretch it out to fit. Put the pizza dough with nothing on it, onto the hot grill to begin cooking.  Close the lid and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Take the pizza off with the pan. Flip the dough. It should have nice color on the side that was down. Now you can begin assembling your pizza.
*Note: I made 2 pizzas here so I am using half of my ingredients on each pizza.
4. Drizzle a little oil on the dough. Spread on the sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Add the jalepeno in the middle. Spread out the bacon. Drizzle with a little more spicy oil
5. Put pizza back on the grill, making sure it is still smoking hot. Leave the pizza on the grill, covered for about another 4-5 minutes.  You will have a nice grilled crust and the cheese will be melted.
Enjoy!





I didn't have wine with dinner tonight. But, I am going to have wine while we watch a movie this evening.
Cline Cellars
Sonoma, California
Cashmere
2012
This wine will be a great, full bodied wine to enjoy with my chocolate. It has flavors of cherry, plum, raspberries and chocolate. I will enjoy the long, smooth finish of this wine as well.


~Julianne

Comments

Popular Posts