Blackened Catfish Southern Dinner

October 24th 2014


Blackened Catfish Southern Dinner



For Catfish:
Joe's stuff seasoning
Blackened Seasoning
Drizzle fish with canola oil and add some canola oil to pan.  Begin heating the pan to medium high heat.  Season catfish with both seasonings.  If you like it spicier, add more blackened seasoning.  I used just blackened seasoning the last time I did fish, I think it was the cod and it was a little too spicy for me.  So, this time I used half blackening seasoning and half Joe's Stuff. The seasonings were great on this!  Cook the catfish without moving it for 5 minutes each side.


Macaroni and Cheese is a southern classic.  For a weeknight, I took a short cut and used ready-made macaroni and cheese.  But, next time, I will include a homemade recipe for you.


For the collard greens, I simply simmered them for a little over an hour with Tabasco, water, hot sausage, season salt, paprika, cayenne, and worsteshire sauce.  The greens needed more time but again, it was a weeknight and I tried to get away with a "quick" version of greens.  Stay tuned for a complete version soon. 


The wine today was excellent.  I chose a light white wine that had a hint of sweetness and a bite of acidity to balance out the fiery flavor in this dish.
Sunset Meadows Vineyard
2013
Cayuga White
From the Western Connecticut Highlands

Comments

Popular Posts