Steakhouse Wedge Salad

December 10th 2014
Steakhouse Wedge Salad











Ingredients:
2 Heads of iceberg lettuce
5 slices of bacon
1-2 chicken breasts, depending on the size
1 TBSP fiery 5 pepper seasoning
1 TBSP garlic
Shaved asiago cheese, enough to add a few slivers over the top
(I probably would have liked a few croutons and tomatoes on this salad but I didn't have them tonight. I will update the recipe when I make it again)

Dressing: (today was quick hitter. I didn't make my own dressing, I just doctored up some bottled dressing)
1/2 bottle of bacon ranch dressing (whatever your favorite brand)
1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup half and half
2 TBSP mayonaise
*Mix vigorously with a fork until it is smooth enough to drizzle over salad with a spoon.

To assemble the salad, cut your heads of lettuce in quarters. Remove the root end along with the yellow-like inner most part of the lettuce. Serve with the curved end on the plate so they stick up nicely. Fry the bacon until crisp. Season the chicken with garlic and 5 pepper seasoning. Cook in a pan until done and then dice. Shave your asiago slivers and reserve. On top of your lettuce crumble the bacon, drizzle the dressing and top with asiago slivers. Grate some fresh pepper over the top and put a few chicken pieces inbetween the wedges. I actually put 2 quarters on each plate and was able to find a little nook in the middle to stack some chicken.
*Remember you can add croutons, tomatoes or even more veggies to this.

Wine of the night:
The Waxed Bat
2011
Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec blend
Mendoza, Argentina
This silky red wine has flavors that I enjoy such as vanilla, black currant,  dark fruit and a hint of smokiness. It is mostly a smooth, slightly sweet red wine though.

Comments

Popular Posts