Tropical Shrimp Ceviche

Ingredients:
2 pounds of cooked shrimp, chopped rough
1 shishito pepper
2 jalapeno peppers
4 cloves of garlic
3/4 of red onion
1 large orange
2 mangos
2 tbsp fresh medium salsa (such as Jacks Cantina salsa from Costco)
2 limes, zest and juice
1/2 cup cilantro
3/4 pint of grape tomatoes, quartered
1 Tbsp red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste

Dice everything so it is of even size. I kept my shrimp a little bigger than everything else just to make sure you see it. Also, I smashed the mango a little. The reason for this is because it kind of helps make a great "salsa" liquid for the crevice. As I chopped the shrimp, I sprinkled it with red pepper and salt before I added it to the bowl. This is just another layer of flavor.
You can actually chop everything and combine all ingredients, except the shrimp up to a day in advance. Just add the cooked shrimp when ready to serve.

Pair this dish with a great white wine. I will be buying this one again - at your local Costless wine and liquor store
Paso Barrantes
Albarino
2011
Rias Baixas, Spain

Comments

Popular Posts