Mini Pizza Saucers

Inspired by the Chicago flavors of pizza I love so much, I decided to make these fun little saucers for an appetizer. These are so easy but I thought I would give you a picture step by step.

Ingredients:
Flour tortillas
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 package of mini pepperoni (I used the turkey pepperoni today)

First, Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray your cupcake tray generously with cooking spray. Cut flour tortillas in circles. I used the end of a can and twisted it around to cut the tortilla perfectly round. Push them down in the tray.
 Put a teaspoon or so of sauce on each. Spread around. It is better to use less sauce if you are in doubt. You don't want soggy saucers.
Sprinkle the sauce with a dash of Italian seasoning. Pinch the mozzarella cheese on each and then 4-5 mini pepperoni's on each. Lastly, sprinkle with a kiss of garlic powder.
 Place in the oven for 12 minutes on the middle rack, no peaking. They should be bubbly and browned on the ends. You want the crispy edges just like a deep dish pizza coming out of the pan.


Comments

Popular Posts