Made from scratch STOCK

 I always make my own stock. It's easy. Every time you cook, keep the scraps of your lemons, herbs, onions, garlic, peppers.  I also always keep the shells of shrimp, crab legs and bones of fish.  Keep a freezer bag in the freezer and keep adding to it.  Once you have a full bag, you're ready to make stock. 

In a large stock pot, heat 3 turns of olive oil with the shells of your crab legs and shrimp. Then add any bones you may have or chicken pieces.  Finally, add your herbs, onions, garlic and citrus.  Add just enough water to cover and simmer for 2 hours.  

Double strain and whoala, you have at least 8 cups of flavorful stock ready to go.  I bought those one cup silicon freezer containers, something like thislike this so I can pull a cup of stock at a time from the freezer when I need it.  It's so easy and so tasty.  All you have to do is save your scraps! 

Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts