Sunday Meal and Great Wine

March 16th 2014


Today I made some grilled pork chops on the grill.  These were nothing special. I just marinated them for an hour with Canola oil, Lawry's seasoning salt, fiery 5 pepper seasoning, Country Head seasoning and pepper. Put them on a hot grill for 7 minutes each side. Leave them be and don't play with them. Pork gets touch easily if you manhandle it!
I served this with my Bacon and Pepper Super Sweet Corn recipe. I am trying to clean out the pantry and refrigerator so instead of a green or serrano pepper, I used one red pepper today. Because the red pepper is not as hot as the Serrano pepper, I added a little more chipotle seasoning to the corn today. Don't forget those 2 TBSP of butter right at the end of the corn process. It make a world of difference.
Today's wine selection was a little bit of a splurge. Out of all the wineries I toured in the Temecula/San Diego area I only really liked 1.  That was the Churon Winery and Bed and Breakfast. So, today I enjoyed a 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon from Churon Winery. The only other thing I can say about the Temecula region for wine is that if you like Zinfandel or Syrah, this might appeal to you a little more. It seems like the wine is a little smoky, spicy, and rustic when produced in the Temecula region. Enjoy, whatever your tastes are.


Julianne

Comments

Popular Posts