Best Baked Chicken and Brussels

January 13th 2015

Baked chicken:
I toss 4 drumsticks and 4 wings with canola oil, chili powder, Applewood rub, and Head Country Championship Seasoning. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is heating up, lay the chicken out on a baking rack over a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Note: I covered my cookie sheet in foil so the chicken fat that drips doesn't burn my sheet. I also tipped the sheet and drained the fat halfway through cooking so that it doesn't start to smoke. I turned the wings half way through. Bake for 80-95 minutes depending on how big your pieces are. I had to foil the tips of my wings to keep them from burning about half way through. What sets this over the top is that I saved a little more than 1 tbsp of bacon fat from yesterday, melted it by sitting it on the top of the oven for 10 minutes and then brushed it on the chicken during the last 15 minutes of cooking with a sprinkle of salt. Yum!

Brussel Sprouts:
Use 16 oz bag of brussel sprouts (slice them in half) with the other tbsp of bacon fat and 3 tbsp butter, 1 tsp of red pepper and salt and pepper in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Put them in the same oven with the chicken for about 40 minutes.  Toss occasionally.

Enjoy
Julianne

Comments

Popular Posts