Seafood Boil

You can do a seafood boiil at home on the inside! To start you want a good quality seafood broth.  It's hard to find around here so I make my own.  I save the shells of shrimp, the ends of onions, skin of garlic, stems of herbs and I load them in a freezer bag until I have a full bag.  Then, fill a stock pot with your ingredients, fill with water and put about 2 TBSP of Old Bay seasoning in the water.  Let boil for at least an hour, drain and then voila!.  
You can choose any kind of seafood you want here.  I did shrimp and lobster. You always want to have corn and potatoes as the filler but any kind of seafood works. Just time your cooking.  For this one, potatoes and onion went in first, then 7 minutes later add the lobster tails, 5 minutes later add the corn (and clams or mussels if you have it), then 3 minutes later add the shrimp (and cooked smoked sausage if you have it). 
For topping, I sprinkled with some New Orleans all purpose seasoning and had Tabasco on standby. Garnish with parsley and a fresh squeeze of lemon. 

This was great with a Chardonnay!

Comments

Popular Posts